Getting the itch again...


I got my first tattoo at 38...about four months ago.

It's a tribute to two of the most amazing pets I have ever had, my dog Murray-Foo and goofball cat Orlando. Murray passed away September 4, 2008 from cancer and Orlando died this past December 12 from his heart condition. I am still devastated over the losses. I don't think I ever won't be, so I saw it fitting to pay tribute to two very special guys my having them tattooed on me. 

My very first roommate in college Dee Dee came up with the amazing image after I told her that I wanted to memorialize them in a Dia del los Muertos theme.  I flew down to Florida where her shop is, and she banged it out in about 7-1/2 painful hours.  I am thrilled with how it came out and now...I want more! 

I am thinking of adding some marigolds and possibly their names around the edge closer to my back (if you can't tell, this runs down my left side) and I want your opinions and suggestions so please, let me know what you think or if you have any ideas!

Hmmm, I'm thinking I need to book a plane ticket down to Florida again soon!!

Comments