As Promised...Pumpkin Hummus!


First, I should tell you I did not take this photo, but the hummus I made came out exactly like this, but I had to store it away for our Halloween party tomorrow. This photo is from Jaxie at Domestic Fits, where I nicked this recipe from.

OK, now onto the important stuff: Pumpkin Hummus! If you are a fan of pumpkin and hummus, you will love this, if you're not, you won't. This is a terribly easy recipe that I whipped up in less than 10 minutes. I will be serving it with fresh veggies and pita chips, but crusty bread would work too. Here you go...

Pumpkin Hummus

1½ cup Cooked Garbanzo Beans, drained and dry

1 cup Pumpkin Puree (I used more. 1 entire can's contents.)

2 Tbsp Tahini

2 Tbsp Olive Oil

¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice (1 lemon)

½ tsp Salt

½ tsp Ground Cinnamon

½ tsp Ground Nutmeg

2 cloves Garlic, minced

¼ tsp Coriander

Put it all in a food processor and blend it until its nice and creamy. 

The flavor is fantastic! Just the right amount of pumpkin/garlic/everything else. Based on the reaction tomorrow, I'll likely be making this for all of this season's holiday parties. Enjoy!




Comments

Post a Comment