Tofu Scramble brought to you by The Vegg





I just got The Vegg in the mail the other day and have been dying to try it. I figured I'd wing it with a Tofu-Vegg scramble instead of following a recipe to start. I used pretty basic tofu scramble ingredients mainly because I wanted to be able to taste The Vegg on it's test run.
Overall: The Vegg is good. Really good. It is very...eggy, however. This was initially freaky to me, but a good thing once I got over it. It is also very rich. Like, super rich. Next time I will probably use a little less.
I am excited to try it in the French Toast recipe printed on the package and also in baking recipes, which I have heard it excels in.

Here goes!

I also got Parmela and Food For Lovers Queso that are both awesome too!

Serves 2-3

Ingredients:

3 tsp of The Vegg (according to the package, 1/2 tsp = 1 serving and 1 tsp mixed with 1/4 C water IN A BLENDER = 2-3 yolks)
6 oz firm organic tofu, drained, chopped and crumbled
6-8 C Fresh spinach
10 cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
1-2 green onions, chopped
1/4 C Daiya vegan shreds (I used mozzarella and cheddar, mixed)


Sorry for the lack of pictures, I was starving! 

Braise tofu over high heat, preferably in a cast iron pan.
Mix The Vegg and water in a blender for about 15 seconds, NOT BY HAND (apparently, this is very important) and pour into pan.
Mix tofu with The Vegg, crushing the tofu with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
Add Daiya, spinach, tomatoes and onions, mix together.
Continue cooking on med-high heat until The Vegg is cooked through (about 3-5 minutes).
Serve with toast and fake bacon or sausage or in a tortilla for a yummy breakfast wrap.

P.S. 10% of net sales of The Vegg go to Compassion Over Killing (COK), an amazing organization that has been battling animal abuse since 1995.

www.thevegg.com
www.cok.net





Comments