Liquid Gold!


My friend Patti pinned this recipe to Pintrest the other day and the second I saw it I knew I had to make it right away! If you love garlic as much as I do, it is a must! It's super easy (except the garlic peeling bit) and stores for up to three months in the fridge. In the 12 short hours since I made it I have put it on french bread, added it to my weekly kimchee dinner and ate it straight out of the bottle! Yeah, I really like garlic!


What you will need:

Fresh, organic garlic (I used five heads), peeled
Enough extra virgin olive oil to completely cover the garlic in the baking pan

What you need to do:

Preheat the oven for 325° F

Peel your garlic. I watched this video on how to peel garlic in 10 seconds and it didn't work for me, but maybe it'll work for you. What I ended up doing was putting about 10 cloves at a time into a recycled pickle jar and shaking the shit out of it. Some of the cloves popped out, others I still had to pick at, but it was easier that peeling each individual clove by hand, that's for sure!

Put all your peeled cloves in a medium baking dish or pan with high sides. (Go bigger or smaller, depending on how much garlic you're doing.)


Pour a generous amount of olive oil over the garlic. Enough so that they are completely submerged.

Roast uncovered for 30-45 minutes depending on your oven. Mine runs hot, so 30 minutes was plenty. Keep an eye on the garlic, you want it to stay whole and not turn to mush. When it's done, the garlic will be floating at the top and you will be able to pierce it very easily with a fork.


Let cool and transfer to a container and store it in the fridge for up to three months, as long as the garlic is still submerged. I used a small recycled jar of Vegenaise and it was exactly the right size...after we sampled about six cloves straight from the pan!

Like I said, you can use this on anything! Use it as a salad dressing, over pasta, steamed veggies or on some fresh crusty bread. Seriously, it is SO GOOD!!! And good for you too! Woo-hoo! Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I must do this!!! Scott can't eat garlic anymore unless it is roasted (due to his esophagus issues getting worse ... he probably has to have surgery this year) -- and maybe not even if it's roasted (boo) ... which means MORE GARLIC FOR ME. I am going to do this very soon! I want my sweat to smell like garlic again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. made this last week and your right, the cloves taste great right out of the dish!!! have used this for almost every meal. it does get a little thick in the fridge but as long as i take it out 5 minutes or so before i use it, it's not a problem! also, it took me nearly an hour to peel 6 cloves of garlic >;P but i think i'm gonna have to make this one ever time i run out! =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment