Vegan Caesar Salad...HOW Have I Not Tried This Recipe Before?!


Man, did I used to LOVE Caesar Salads. The garlicy-er and more pungent the dressing, the better! I have tried many vegan Caesar dressings over the years and while they're...ok...they're just that: ok. Isa Moskowitz of the theppk.com posted her vegan Caesar recipe last Friday on Facebook and I have literally eaten it four times since then! It's AWESOME! Here is the original recipe which I followed exactly (that never happens). The only things I added were Trader Joe's Vegan Mozzarella Shreds which look more like mild parm shreds and Phoney Baloney's Coconut Bacon which I just tried for the first time this week. DEEEEE-LICIOUS!

Serves 2+

Dressing:
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 cup water (plus more for thinning)
2 teaspoons fresh grated garlic
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
2 teaspoons whole grain dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt

Salad:
8 oz romaine (2 hearts), chopped
Handful of baby arugula or other greens
15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (You could also use fresh extra-firm tofu cubed and pan-seared if garbanzos ain't your thang.)
1 avocado diced
Fresh black pepper to taste
Trader Joe's vegan mozzarella shreds

Blend all the dressing ingredients in your blender until smooth, pour over your salad fixing, toss then add your fresh black pepper and ENJOY! 

Comments

Post a Comment